ISO 20000 Foundation
ISO/IEC 20000 is an international standard that allows organizations to demonstrate excellence and prove best practice in IT service management.
The standard allows IT service provider organizations to achieve conformance to a service management system which requires them to continually improve their delivery of IT services. ISO/IEC 20000 was first released in 2005 and is now at the second edition. It aligns to the IT infrastructure library (ITIL®) best practice framework.
The adoption of ISO 20000 has grown rapidly in the international arena for both internal and external IT service providers and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
The Foundation is the entry level of the ISO/IEC 20000 examinations.
The purpose of the Foundation level is to confirm that the candidate has good/basic knowledge of the contents and requirements of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and understands how the standard operates in a typical IT service provider organization.
The Foundation meets the pre-requisite for entry to the Practitioner certification.
- To understand the implementation of an IT Service Management System in accordance with ISO 20000
- To understand the relationship between the IT Service Management System, including the management processes and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization
- To know the interrelationships between ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005, ISO/IEC 20000-2:2005 and ITIL
- To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage an IT Service Management System
- To acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing an IT Service Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO 20000
- Members of an IT Service team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Service Management System (SMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 20000 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to an SMS
Number of Questions – 40 Multiple Choice Questions, carrying 1 mark each
Duration – 1 hour
Open book exam – No
Use of electronic devices permitted during the exam – No
Pass mark – 65% (26 out of 40)
ISO/IEC 20000 is the international standard for IT service management and allows organizations to prove best practice in their IT management.
ISO/IEC 20000 was released in 2005 based on the ITIL® best practice framework and updated in 2011. Worldwide, the adoption of ISO/IEC20000 has grown rapidly and it has become a competitive differentiator for delivery of IT services.
ISO/IEC 20000 can be used:
- By businesses that are going out to tender for their services
- To provide a consistent approach by all service providers in a supply chain
- To benchmark IT service management
- As the basis for an independent assessment
- To demonstrate the ability to meet customer requirements
- To improve services
The Foundation is the first of the ISO/IEC 20000 examinations you are required to pass to become an ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner. Though not a mandatory requirement, passing the Foundation examination prior to taking the ISO/IEC 20000
The qualifications currently do not have a defined validity period so it is valid for lifelong
EXIN is certification examination body. This is globally reputed certification authority.
Passed the DevOps Masters certification from Exin. Many thanks to excellent trainer of SkillMetrix who was able to cover all the facts in practical sense and relate to the theoretical aspects in devops. It was a great learning.
Ashwin Antony Enterprise Service ArchitectYes course was useful and we had a good collaboration. I have passed my exam too. Thank you so much for all your support!
Gopinath S SIAM FoundationThank You SkillMetrix. TOGAF Session was really good inclusive of Presentation & Delivery. Entire training delivery session was timely followed in strict sense.
Rajesh Yalmare TOGAF Level 1 & Level 2 Combined ProgramThis is one of the best training organization. I appreciate the quality of learning material provided. I got all the required information and help from the trainer and also from the support team. Great team work. Keep it up.
Vijay Papneja ISTQB FoundationI attended ITIL Foundation Training at SkillMetrix Pune, I must say it was worth to every minute I spend there. The trainer was given by professional working in IT industry for numerous years and worked on actual projects having knowledge of in & out of all process. Linking what was explained to books was piece of cake. Needless to say I passed with flying colors in Certification exam. Do not take this certification because everyone else is doing it but do it because it gives your valuable knowledge for best practices.
Deepak Magar ITIL FoundationI believe I have used SkillMetrix for more than 4 years now. Customer service and support are a big strength and of course your training facilitators and curriculum. Being in overseas, It is great to have the online learning facility and also accommodating the time that suits the participants was a key factor to me. Keep up your good work. I don't think of any improvements, maintaining this will definitely enhance SkillMetrix profile.
Arun Thavasi EXPERT, PRINCE2, MSP and TOGAFIt was nice experience in training duration for me. Learnt many new things which will help me in future. Thanks for your help and support which you have shown for me.
Sunil Thorat ITIL Foundation