Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is the most distinguished professional qualification for project managers offered by Project Management Institute (PMI)®. The certification is relevant for professionals who are seeking to advance their career by completing the PMP® certification exam that is based on Project Management Institute,
The PMP® certification is very relevant in the global IT industry, and gives you the edge by showing your employers that you have the skills and training to get a project done from start to finish. If time and place constraints prevent you from attending a workshop course, then you could consider our Online Guided PMP® Exam Prep course to prepare for the PMP® or CAPM® exams at your own convenience.
Introduction to PMP® Certification Course
- What are PMI®& PMBOK® Guide?
- Evolution of PMI®
- Certifications offered by PMI®
- PMI®Contact Resources
- What is PMP®?
- Prerequisites for the PMP®Exam
- PMP®Exam Syllabus
- The Structure of the PMP®Exam
- Introduction to Project Management
Project Management Framework
- Definition of a Project
- What is Project Management?
- What is Operations Management?
- What is Program Management?
- What is Portfolio Management?
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Role of a Project Manager
- Organizational Structure
- Enterprise Environmental Factors
- Organizational Process Assets
- Project lifecycle Vs. Product Life cycle
Project Management Processes
- Project LifeCycle Overview
- Project Lifecycle Vs. Project Management Process
- Key Stakeholders
- Process Groups, Knowledge Areas
- Input/ Output of 47 Project Management Process Groups
- Organizational influences on Project Management
Project Integration Management
- What is Project Integration Management
- Role of Project Team
- Role of Project Sponsor
- Project Selection Methods
- Core Processes of the Project Integration Management Knowledge Area
Project Scope Management
- What is Project Scope Management
- Product Scope vs. Project Scope
- Core Processes of the Project Scope Management Knowledge Area
Project Time Management
- What is Project Time Management
- What is Project Schedule
- Gantt Charts
- Network Diagram
- Schedule Network Analysis Techniques
- PERT, PERT Analysis, Critical Path Method and Schedule Compression
- Core Processes of the Project Time Management Knowledge Area
Project Cost Management
- What is Project Cost Management
- Differentiate between Cost Estimating and Cost Budgeting
- Key Terminology in Project Cost Management
- Core Processes of Project Cost Management Knowledge Area
- Earned Value Technique
Project Quality Management
- What is Quality?
- What is Quality Management?
- Cost of Quality
- Core PM processes of Project Quality Management Knowledge Area
- Seven Basic Tools of Quality
Project Human Resource Management
- What is Human Resource Management
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Project Sponsor
- Functional Manager vs. Project Manager
- Core processes of Human Resource Management Knowledge Area
- Conflict Management
- Motivation Theory
Project Communication Management
- What is Communication?
- Communication Methods, Technology and Channels
- Basic Communication Model
- Key Terminology in Project Communication Management
- Core processes of Communication Management Knowledge Area
Project Risk Management
- What is Risk?
- Project Management Risks
- How are Risk & EMV calculated?
- Risk Classification
- Decision Tree Analysis
- Risk Reserve & Contingency Reserve
- Key Terminology in Project Risk Management
- Core processes of Risk Management Knowledge Area
Project Procurement Management
- What is a Contract?
- Different Types of Contract
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Contract Types
- Key Terminology in Project Procurement Management
- Core Processes of Project Procurement Management Knowledge Area
Project Stakeholder Management
- Who is a Stakeholder?
- Stakeholder Register
- Various Analytical Techniques for Stakeholder Analysis
- Various Management and Interpersonal Skills
- Key Terminology in Project Stakeholder Management
- Core processes of Project Stakeholder Management Knowledge Area
PMI® Professional & Social Responsibility
- How to Ensure Individual Integrity
- How to Contribute to Project Management Knowledge Base
- Code of Ethics
- Professional Responsibility
- Balance stakeholders interest
PMP® Exam Tips & Tricks
- PMP® type exam questions
- Tricky test questions
- Exam key terms
From the Course:
- Learn to define and describe common terminology, manage projects faster while using fewer resources
- Avoid common mistakes in managing projects and learn the many tricks of the trade
- Apply International Project Management Standards from PMI®(the PMBOK® Guide) to real-world situations
- Study PMBOK®Guides Five Process Groups, Ten Knowledge Areas, And The Area Of Professional and Social Responsibility
- Gain skills needed to pass the PMI®s Project Management Professional (PMP)®Certification Exam
- Prepare for PMP®/CAPM®exams and master test-taking techniques
- Learn PMBOK®Guide terms, definitions, and processes
- Practice styles and types of questions modelled on PMP®/CAPM®exams (This course is aligned to the 2016 exam)
This course will be useful for professionals in the following roles, among others:
- Associate Project Managers
- Project Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Project Coordinators
- Project Analysts
- Project Leaders
- Senior Project Managers
- Team Leaders
- Product Managers
- Program Managers
- Project Sponsors
- Project Team Members seeking PMP®or CAPM®
- Candidates must have attended 35 hours of project management education for PMI R.E.P.
- Candidate should have bachelor degree & posses 4500 hours of Project Management experience
Candidate should have diploma & posses 7500 hours of Project Management experience
Type: Online Exam having Two hundred (200) multiple choice questions. 175 actual questions & 25 pretest questions. Each question will have 4 options, one of which is right carrying 1 mark
Duration: 240 minutes (4 hour)
Pass Score: 106 out of 175
PMP stands for Project Management Professional certification. This is an exam offered by PMI (Project Management Institute) for individuals in the project management domain. There are over 325,000 certified PMPs in 200 countries.
The candidate should have attended at least 35 hours of classroom training on Project Management.
The exam has 200 multiple choice questions. Each question has exactly one correct answer. You will get 4 hours to answer these questions. 25 pretest questions will be randomly placed throughout the new examination to gather statistical information on the performance of these questions in order to determine whether they may be used on future examinations. These 25 pretest items are included in the 200-question examination, but will not be included in the pass/fail determination; candidates will be scored on 175 questions..
Yes course was useful and we had a good collaboration. I have passed my exam too. Thank you so much for all your support!
Gopinath S SIAM FoundationThank You SkillMetrix. TOGAF Session was really good inclusive of Presentation & Delivery. Entire training delivery session was timely followed in strict sense.
Rajesh Yalmare TOGAF Level 1 & Level 2 Combined ProgramThis is one of the best training organization. I appreciate the quality of learning material provided. I got all the required information and help from the trainer and also from the support team. Great team work. Keep it up.
Vijay Papneja ISTQB FoundationI attended ITIL Foundation Training at SkillMetrix Pune, I must say it was worth to every minute I spend there. The trainer was given by professional working in IT industry for numerous years and worked on actual projects having knowledge of in & out of all process. Linking what was explained to books was piece of cake. Needless to say I passed with flying colors in Certification exam. Do not take this certification because everyone else is doing it but do it because it gives your valuable knowledge for best practices.
Deepak Magar ITIL FoundationI believe I have used SkillMetrix for more than 4 years now. Customer service and support are a big strength and of course your training facilitators and curriculum. Being in overseas, It is great to have the online learning facility and also accommodating the time that suits the participants was a key factor to me. Keep up your good work. I don't think of any improvements, maintaining this will definitely enhance SkillMetrix profile.
Arun Thavasi EXPERT, PRINCE2, MSP and TOGAFIt was nice experience in training duration for me. Learnt many new things which will help me in future. Thanks for your help and support which you have shown for me.
Sunil Thorat ITIL Foundation