ITIL® Practitioner level has been developed to help organizations and individuals increase the value they obtain from using ITIL by offering additional practical guidance to adopt and adapt the framework to support the business. It is the next step after ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the business value of well-designed and delivered services.
ITIL Practitioners focus on the Continual Service Improvement (CSI) approach as a way to structure improvement initiatives.
They draw on a comprehensive toolkit that guides them when:
- Driving organizational change
- Improving communication
- Measuring and reporting on success
- Definition of a Service
- Case Study in Relationships
- Guiding Principles
- Understanding the Guiding Principles
- CSI Approach
- Building the CSI Approach
- Metrics and Measurements
- Case Study
- Stakeholder Communication Plan and Business Case
- Organizational Change Management
- Organizational Change Management
- OCM Tools
- CSI Approach
- Application of the CSI Approach
- Giving practical guidance on how individuals can leverage Continual Service Improvement (CSI), a fundamental lifecycle stage in ITIL, to maximize the benefits of its adoption and adaption.
- Aiming to improve the capability of individuals throughout the business, to adopt and adapt ITIL in their day to day roles for maximum business benefits.
- Making use of further evolved technological capabilities – such as automation, real-time reporting and Cloud computing – to increase the quality of service design and the efficiency of service delivery.
- Leveraging other philosophies, frameworks, good practices and methodologies – including e.g. Lean, DevOps, Agile and SIAM – to further enhance the value of ITSM.
This is a management level course and we strongly recommend that you hold a managerial level position. This course is for those in an IT management role seeking to take the knowledge gained from ITIL courses, and adopt, adapt and apply it successfully. To gain the most from this course you are in one of the following roles:
ITIL Practitioner is aimed at all IT service management professionals; an ITIL Practitioner demonstrates a commitment to both their personal and organizational development at any level. Because this approach is so unique, ITIL Practitioner benefits:
- Those that do not currently hold an ITIL certification
- ITIL Foundation and ITIL Practitioner go hand in hand; first learn the knowledge, then learn how to put it into practice. By studying both qualifications in succession, individuals will be ready to hit the ground running when returning to the workplace
- Those that are currently ITIL Foundation certified
- ITIL Practitioner is the perfect next step; individuals have the knowledge, but need to develop their experience with ITIL and the know-how to put it into practice, and this is where ITIL Practitioner comes in.
- Existing ITIL Intermediate users and ITIL Experts
- Individuals who are dedicated to continual professional development
- Practitioner offers 3 credits towards Expert level
- Minimal overlap with existing modules – and incorporates good practices from other methodologies, frameworks and philosophies
- Director, AVP, VP
- Project Manager/Director
- Operations or IT Infrastructure Manager
- Quality Assurance
- Business Relationship Manager
- Process Owner
- Change Agent
- IT Department, Division or Group Manager
ITIL foundation v3 equivalent, v3 or 2011 is a mandatory requirement.
Exam Type: – Scenario-based, multi-choice, open-book style exam supported by case study. Exam having 40 multiple choices, each right answer carries 1 mark.
Duration:- 1 Hour 45 Minutes
Supervised – Yes
Passing Score – 70% (28 out of 40)
By completing this course ,Individual will earn 3 ITIL Credits
ITIL is a widely accepted approach to IT Service Management (ITSM), which has been adopted by individuals and organizations across the world. This provides a cohesive set of best practices, drawn from the public and private sectors internationally. ITIL advocates that IT services are aligned to the needs of the business and support its core processes. It provides guidance to organizations and individuals on how to use IT as a tool to facilitate business change, transformation and growth. ITIL Practitioner is the next step after ITIL Foundation for professionals who have already learned the basics of IT Service Management (ITSM).
ITIL® Practitioner prepares individuals for a broad range of challenges faced within ITSM, equipping them with practical guidance, confidence and know-how to adopt and adapt the ITIL framework according to an organization’s requirements. ITIL Practitioner is complementary to and fits in with the current ITIL qualification scheme. ITIL Practitioner is not a prerequisite for the ITIL Intermediate Level qualifications.
Yes course was useful and we had a good collaboration. I have passed my exam too. Thank you so much for all your support!
Gopinath S SIAM FoundationThank You SkillMetrix. TOGAF Session was really good inclusive of Presentation & Delivery. Entire training delivery session was timely followed in strict sense.
Rajesh Yalmare TOGAF Level 1 & Level 2 Combined ProgramThis is one of the best training organization. I appreciate the quality of learning material provided. I got all the required information and help from the trainer and also from the support team. Great team work. Keep it up.
Vijay Papneja ISTQB FoundationI attended ITIL Foundation Training at SkillMetrix Pune, I must say it was worth to every minute I spend there. The trainer was given by professional working in IT industry for numerous years and worked on actual projects having knowledge of in & out of all process. Linking what was explained to books was piece of cake. Needless to say I passed with flying colors in Certification exam. Do not take this certification because everyone else is doing it but do it because it gives your valuable knowledge for best practices.
Deepak Magar ITIL FoundationI believe I have used SkillMetrix for more than 4 years now. Customer service and support are a big strength and of course your training facilitators and curriculum. Being in overseas, It is great to have the online learning facility and also accommodating the time that suits the participants was a key factor to me. Keep up your good work. I don't think of any improvements, maintaining this will definitely enhance SkillMetrix profile.
Arun Thavasi EXPERT, PRINCE2, MSP and TOGAFIt was nice experience in training duration for me. Learnt many new things which will help me in future. Thanks for your help and support which you have shown for me.
Sunil Thorat ITIL Foundation