ITIL Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC)
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the ITIL Certificate: Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is a free-standing qualification, but is also the final module of the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that leads to the “ITIL Expert” certification.
Managing Across the Lifecycle is a five-day course that provides a holistic picture of the critical learning points and knowledge IT management staff require on key organizational topics such as: governance structures, roles, functions, process dependencies, complementary frameworks, service assessments and the management of change issues related to the ITIL service lifecycle. After taking this course, you will be better equipped to understand the strategic design, deployment and management of the capabilities and resources required by the full IT service lifecycle.
This course addresses the interfaces, interactions and organizational requirements between the processes addressed in the five core ITIL publications: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
This course also prepares participants for the examination leading to the ITIL Certificate: Managing Across the Lifecycle. This is a free-standing qualification, but is also the final module of the Service Lifecycle and/or Service Capability modules that leads to the ITIL Expert certification.
Candidates can expect to gain knowledge and competencies in the following areas upon successful completion of the education and examination related to this certification:
- Introduction to IT Service Management (ITSM) Business and Managerial Issues
Positioning and transitioning the Lifecycle. Using open-loop and closed-loop systems, the relationship between Business and IT, and how to achieve business value
- Management of Strategic Change
Determining critical success components, benefits, value, and costs dynamics. Planning the alignment, scope, resources, capabilities, communication, quality, knowledge transfer, business relationship management and retiring of services
- Risk Management
Identification, evaluation, analysis, correction and control of internal and external risks
Understanding Organizational Challenges
- Managing the Planning and Implementation of ITSM
Activities during Plan, Do, Check, Act, strategy aspects, the 4P’s of Strategy Identify the considerations for policies, strategy, design, and transition
Activities such as guiding, leading, monitoring, controlling, evaluating and communicating
- Understanding Organizational Challenges
Organizational maturity, structure, transition, governance, and achieving balance in Service Operations
Knowledge management and security of information
- Service Assessment
Service measuring and reporting, monitoring, benchmarking and assessing achievements
Corrective action and Improvements from a Business Perspective
- Understanding Complementary Industry Guidance
Understand the value of and distinguish between the complementary practices and how they support ITIL initiatives
- Individuals who have attained the ITIL Foundations Certificate in ITSM and who wish to attain the ITIL Expert certification in ITSM, for which this qualification is the final mandatory module
- Individuals involved in any or all phases or the lifecycle of services and processes, and who require a deep understanding of how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service delivery within an organization
- IT professionals working in an organization that has adopted ITIL and who need to be informed about and thereafter contribute to an ongoing service improvement program
- Individuals seeking progress towards the ITIL Master in ITSM, for which the ITIL Expert is a prerequisite. This may include but is not limited to CIOs, Senior IT Managers, IT Managers and Supervisors, IT professionals and IT Operation practitioners
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already have acquired two (2) credits from the ITIL Foundation certificate and, as a minimum, have obtained a further 15 credits from ITIL Intermediate qualifications, for a total of at least 17 credits.
Your certificates must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission to this course.
To be eligible for the MALC exam, candidates must also have fulfilled at least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks) with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
Exam Type – Online Exam having Ten (10) multiple choice, scenario-based, gradient Scored questions. Each question will have 4 possible answer options, one of which is worth 5 marks, one which is worth 3 marks, one which is worth 1 mark, and one which is a distracter and achieves no marks.
Duration – 120 Minutes
Supervised – Yes
Delivery Paper based or Online proctored
Passing Score 70% (35 marks out of 50)
The ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) certification training tests and validates a professional’s knowledge of the key content topics of ITIL publication, such as management objectives, purposes and functions. This course helps in understanding the management aspects of the Service Lifecycle and thus, leads to ITIL Expert in IT Service Management.
The ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) certification is provided by Axelos. Axelos is a joint venture company, created by the Cabinet Office on behalf of Her Majesty’s Government (HMG) in the United Kingdom and Capita plc to run the Global Best Practice portfolio.This certification is mandatory for the professionals seeking ITIL® Expert certification in IT Service Management.
At the end of SkillMetrix training in ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle certification, you will be able to:
- Describe the key concepts of the service lifecycle
- Define strategies of Communication and Stakeholder Management
- Explain the integrating service management processes across the service lifecycle
- Identify the steps of managing services across the service lifecycle
- Define the importance of Governance and Organization
- Define Measurement
- Identify how to implement and improve service management capability
The career benefits of this course are as follows:
- It offers credits for becoming ITIL Expert.
- This certification will increase your visibility in your organization.
- This certification sets you apart from your colleagues, and ensures you get recognized for your knowledge and skill.
- Certified professionals can expect roles such as Chief Information officer, Senior IT Manager, Supervisor, IT Operations Practitioner. Certified professionals in this field are in high-demand and their job prospects grow depending on their certification levels. Certified professionals in ITIL®Managing Across the Lifecycle field are highly paid for their skills and expertise in the industry.
- According to the recent surveys by payscale.com, the average salary of the ITIL®Managing Across the Lifecycle certified professional is $90,000 and they are hired by top companies across the globe.
Yes course was useful and we had a good collaboration. I have passed my exam too. Thank you so much for all your support!
Gopinath S SIAM FoundationThank You SkillMetrix. TOGAF Session was really good inclusive of Presentation & Delivery. Entire training delivery session was timely followed in strict sense.
Rajesh Yalmare TOGAF Level 1 & Level 2 Combined ProgramThis is one of the best training organization. I appreciate the quality of learning material provided. I got all the required information and help from the trainer and also from the support team. Great team work. Keep it up.
Vijay Papneja ISTQB FoundationI attended ITIL Foundation Training at SkillMetrix Pune, I must say it was worth to every minute I spend there. The trainer was given by professional working in IT industry for numerous years and worked on actual projects having knowledge of in & out of all process. Linking what was explained to books was piece of cake. Needless to say I passed with flying colors in Certification exam. Do not take this certification because everyone else is doing it but do it because it gives your valuable knowledge for best practices.
Deepak Magar ITIL FoundationI believe I have used SkillMetrix for more than 4 years now. Customer service and support are a big strength and of course your training facilitators and curriculum. Being in overseas, It is great to have the online learning facility and also accommodating the time that suits the participants was a key factor to me. Keep up your good work. I don't think of any improvements, maintaining this will definitely enhance SkillMetrix profile.
Arun Thavasi EXPERT, PRINCE2, MSP and TOGAFIt was nice experience in training duration for me. Learnt many new things which will help me in future. Thanks for your help and support which you have shown for me.
Sunil Thorat ITIL Foundation