ITIL® Release, Control & Validation (RCV)
ITIL® Release, Control & Validation
This is an advanced-level certification for IT managers that offer attendees hands-on implementation experience with the service transition and operation phases of the ITIL® service lifecycle.
What is this course?
This is a 4-day, instructor-led, advanced course that goes beyond the basic ITIL® theory and offers hands-on implementation experience. This is achieved by working on group exercises related to a case study. Exam preparation is also scenario-based which tests analytical skills.The topics covered include:
- Transition Planning & Support
- Service Asset & Configuration Management (SACM)
- Change Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service Validation & Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
ITIL® RCV is a free-standing qualification but also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream. Completion of each module earns 4 credits toward the ITIL® Expert certificate. The purpose of each training is to impart, test and validate knowledge of best practices as documented in the ITIL® publications.
Why take it?
Attendees can expect to gain competencies in the following areas:
- Overview of relevant processes and basic principles.
- The value to the business of relevant activities.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Technology and implementation considerations.
- Challenges, critical success factors (CSFs) and risks.
Who should attend?
The target group for any ITIL® Intermediate Capability course includes (but is not limited to):
- IT professionals.
- Process owners and managers.
- It is also relevant to those who:
Require a deep understanding of the relevant processes and how they may be used to enhance the quality of IT service support within a team.
- Have obtained the ITIL® Foundation certificate and wish to advance to higher-level certifications.
- Seek the ITIL® Expert certificate for which ITIL® Intermediate Level qualifications are a prerequisite.
- Seek progress toward the ITIL® Master certificate for which the ITIL® Expert Level qualification is a prerequisite.
Are there any prerequisites?
Attendees wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation certificate which must be presented as evidence to gain admission.
Attendees who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible:
- ITIL® V2 Foundation plus Foundation Bridge.
- ITIL® Expert certificate (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
- It is recommended that attendees:
- Demonstrate familiarity with IT terminology and understand the context of each ITIL® Intermediate Capability module within their environment.
- Have experience working in a service management capacity.