What is ITIL® Service Operation
What is ITIL Service Operation | Skillmetrix
Description of the ITIL Service Operation intermediate certificate is one of the five lifecycle phases that build on the knowledge gained from the ITIL Foundation certificate. This lifecycle phase is for those who wish to seek, or currently hold, a management or team leader role in your company. The primary focus for this ITIL Service Operation certification is to coordinate and carry out the activities and processes required to deliver and manage services at agreed levels to business users and customers. Service Operation is also responsible for on-going management of the technology that is used to deliver and support services.
About the Course: You will learn about the following topics:
- Introduction to Service Operation
- Service Operation principles
- Service Operation processes
- Common Service Operation activities
- Organizing for Service Operation: functions
- Technology considerations
- Implementation of Service Operation
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks Who Should Attend
- If you are an individual who requires a more detailed understanding of the ITIL Service Operation phase and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organization
- Are an IT professional working in or about to start in a Service Operation environment and need an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved.
- Are an individual seeking the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management for which this qualification is one of the prerequisite modules
- Are an individual seeking progress towards the ITIL® Master in IT Service Management for which the ITIL® Expert is a prerequisite
- Are in one of the following IT professions or areas: Release Manager, Security Administrator, Applications Support, IT Operations Manager, Database Administrator, Problem Manager, Service Desk and Incident Manager, Network Support, Security Manager.
- Organizational Benefits Through understanding Service Operation: the IT teams can deliver a consistently high standard in the running of IT Services. From the customer’s point of view, that means they are able to completely rely on the IT services to help them achieve their desired results. From the IT team’s perspective, consistently good service delivery means less fire-fighting leading to the ability to take a more proactive approach to service delivery.
- Individual Benefits: You will gain an understanding of how to be a more effective – and therefore more valued - team member through the use and understanding of Service Operation processes. Medium to long term you may gain other benefits such as a promotion within your own organization or other opportunities to advance your career!