Software Asset Management Specialist
SAM is defined as all of the infrastructure and processes necessary for the effective management, control and protection of the software assets…throughout all stages of their lifecycle.” SAM is a business practice designed to reduce information technology costs, limit risks related to the ownership and use of software, and increase IT and end‐user efficiencies. ISO 19770 Standard is the international standard on Software Asset Management (SAM)
- Introduction to SAMS
- Introduction to best practice Software Asset Management
- How to build a business case
- Case-based introduction to design and implement Tier processes
- Technologies used at Tier two
- Considerations and evaluation of tools
- Software License Compliance & Regulatory Compliance
- Better positioned to face Software Compliance Audits
- Better Negotiation Position and Cost Savings
- Software Asset Optimization
- Better IT management and Enhanced Information Security.6.
- Understanding the risks, costs, challenges and benefits associated with SAM in a dynamic IT environment.
- Recognizing the potential issues that arise when implementing a SAM program.8.
- Build a comprehensive Business Case for SAM to gain commitment to the SAM program.9
- Understanding how SAM interfaces with IT Service Management including ITIL and other BP’s.
- Planning for the development and implementation of all SAM policies, procedures and tools
The SAMS course is designed for IT professionals with a good understanding of the IT Asset Management area. The desired – but not required – criteria for participating in the SAMS course are;
- ITAM Org IT Asset Management Foundation course and certification
- At least three months of operational experience in all phases of Software Asset Management
- An understanding of IT Service Management best practice, have participated in ITIL Foundation v. 3 or later and a general understanding of IT
An accredited training is mandatory for writing Software Asset Management Specialist exam.
Examination type – Computer-based or paper-based multiple-choice questions
Number of questions – 40
Pass mark – 65%
Open book/notes – No
Electronic equipment/aides permitted – No
Transparent licensing is important for every organization. It is about aligning IT Service Management best practices together with Software Asset Management best practices, implementing Software Asset Management lifecycle processes and showing how IT Service Management can support SAM lifecycle to create transparent licensing. The purpose of the certification is to demonstrate knowledge on best practice and use of Software Asset Management in the challenges and variables that Software Asset Managers face on an everyday basis. The scope includes but is not limited to software license management.
Software Asset Management Specialist is intended for Software Asset Management professionals with an understanding of IT Asset Management. Recommended is at least three months of experience in all phases of Software Asset Management, an understanding of IT Service Management best practice, and a general understanding of IT and processes
The time given for the exam is 90 mins.
Yes course was useful and we had a good collaboration. I have passed my exam too. Thank you so much for all your support!
Gopinath S SIAM FoundationThank You SkillMetrix. TOGAF Session was really good inclusive of Presentation & Delivery. Entire training delivery session was timely followed in strict sense.
Rajesh Yalmare TOGAF Level 1 & Level 2 Combined ProgramThis is one of the best training organization. I appreciate the quality of learning material provided. I got all the required information and help from the trainer and also from the support team. Great team work. Keep it up.
Vijay Papneja ISTQB FoundationI attended ITIL Foundation Training at SkillMetrix Pune, I must say it was worth to every minute I spend there. The trainer was given by professional working in IT industry for numerous years and worked on actual projects having knowledge of in & out of all process. Linking what was explained to books was piece of cake. Needless to say I passed with flying colors in Certification exam. Do not take this certification because everyone else is doing it but do it because it gives your valuable knowledge for best practices.
Deepak Magar ITIL FoundationI believe I have used SkillMetrix for more than 4 years now. Customer service and support are a big strength and of course your training facilitators and curriculum. Being in overseas, It is great to have the online learning facility and also accommodating the time that suits the participants was a key factor to me. Keep up your good work. I don't think of any improvements, maintaining this will definitely enhance SkillMetrix profile.
Arun Thavasi EXPERT, PRINCE2, MSP and TOGAFIt was nice experience in training duration for me. Learnt many new things which will help me in future. Thanks for your help and support which you have shown for me.
Sunil Thorat ITIL Foundation