IT Asset Management
IT Asset Management is the business practice joining financial, contractual and inventory functions to support life cycle management for IT environments. ITAM provides Service with a data source for the assets they are working with so the business can make accurate decisions about serving users and driving change. ITAM provides Finance with a bird’s eye view of an organisation IT balance sheet and compliance commitments.
- ITAM introduction
- Services and Cloud Asset Management introduction:
- People & Information Asset Management (PINAM) introduction:
- Asset Management & Strategic Planning Overview
- The Asset Manager’s Role
- Ownership Structures & Identifying Investment Partners
- The Decision to Acquire Assets
- Retaining Property Management & Leasing Services
- Pro forma Preparation, Monitoring Performance & Reporting
- Strategic Planning & the Decision to Invest in Capital Improvements
- The Decision to dispose of an Asset Preparing an investment for sale is a multi‐faceted process.
The benefits of effectively managing IT assets in a business might include:
- Visibility and control of IT Assets
- Improve utilization of assets
- Compliance with audit requirements
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Reduce software and hardware costs
- Support organizational change and projects
- Align IT Asset Costs to Services
- Provide configuration data for Service Management
A successful ITAM program involves several departments in your organization such as budget managers, IT service departments and finance. The ITAM Foundation course is designed for all key personnel in these functions. We recommend that the course is attended by several employees from these areas in order to enable a successful and coherent ITAM focus throughout your enterprise, as well as individuals can also benefit from this foundation course.
Examination type – Computer based or paper based multiple-choice questions
Number of questions – 40
Pass mark – 65%
Open book/notes – No
Electronic equipment/aides permitted – No
Time allotted for examination – 60 minutes
Anyone who works on any of the following business areas can be certified:
- Information Technology (IT)
- Legal, Audit or Negotiating Teams, etc.
Investment in ITAM training and certification can pay you rich dividends over a period of time. This could be one of the best decisions that you would make for your career. Let us see why:
IAITAM certified asset managers are recognized worldwide. There are several roles that require IAITAM certifications for candidates who are willing to apply, and without asset management certifications, you will not be eligible to apply. Demand for individuals with IT Asset Management Certification grows daily, and job openings in large IT firms reveals that almost all big IT companies have made IAITAM certification mandatory. The salary of IAITAM certified individuals are 30% higher than noncertified professionals working in the same role.
According to an “Indeed” survey, IAITAM certified individuals earned an average salary of $130,000 in 2014. And, this is expected to increase further in 2016 given the high demand and relatively fewer supply of IAITAM certified professionals. Professionals with IT Asset Management certifications also have the option to become IAITAM members and take advantage of a global network of skilled individuals and IT leaders.
Investment in IT Assets is the second largest expenditure for most of the organizations. Apart from a significant monetary investment, there are critical risks associated with the usage of IT assets. IAITAM certified professionals can benefit organizations in the following ways:
- Better management and significant cost savings on IT Assets – It directly impacts the bottom line
- Reducing the compliance and regulatory risks
- Significant Saving on penalties due to software audits
- BYOD (Bring your own device) is rising across the world. There is a huge inherent risk associated with this trend. ITAM can reduce such risks drastically.
- Better management and disposal of retired IT assets
- Establishing software license agreements, optimum level of maintenance agreements and negotiating better terms and price.
Passed the DevOps Masters certification from Exin. Many thanks to excellent trainer of SkillMetrix who was able to cover all the facts in practical sense and relate to the theoretical aspects in devops. It was a great learning.
Ashwin Antony Enterprise Service ArchitectYes course was useful and we had a good collaboration. I have passed my exam too. Thank you so much for all your support!
Gopinath S SIAM FoundationThank You SkillMetrix. TOGAF Session was really good inclusive of Presentation & Delivery. Entire training delivery session was timely followed in strict sense.
Rajesh Yalmare TOGAF Level 1 & Level 2 Combined ProgramThis is one of the best training organization. I appreciate the quality of learning material provided. I got all the required information and help from the trainer and also from the support team. Great team work. Keep it up.
Vijay Papneja ISTQB FoundationI attended ITIL Foundation Training at SkillMetrix Pune, I must say it was worth to every minute I spend there. The trainer was given by professional working in IT industry for numerous years and worked on actual projects having knowledge of in & out of all process. Linking what was explained to books was piece of cake. Needless to say I passed with flying colors in Certification exam. Do not take this certification because everyone else is doing it but do it because it gives your valuable knowledge for best practices.
Deepak Magar ITIL FoundationI believe I have used SkillMetrix for more than 4 years now. Customer service and support are a big strength and of course your training facilitators and curriculum. Being in overseas, It is great to have the online learning facility and also accommodating the time that suits the participants was a key factor to me. Keep up your good work. I don't think of any improvements, maintaining this will definitely enhance SkillMetrix profile.
Arun Thavasi EXPERT, PRINCE2, MSP and TOGAFIt was nice experience in training duration for me. Learnt many new things which will help me in future. Thanks for your help and support which you have shown for me.
Sunil Thorat ITIL Foundation