Software testing is increasing its status as a profession across the world, as businesses need to ensure that they have qualified employees, able to test ever more complex IT systems.
This course is designed to provide you with core competency and skills to apply testing with confidence in the workplace. Participants are actively involved in planning, setting up and executing testing in realistic and directly applicable environments. During this course participants will develop their own checklists, test plan templates, test case templates and reporting templates that they can use immediately on return to their workplace
• Excellent understanding of testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives in order to establish same.
• Use to agreed test plans to execute, analyze and report on the results of tests.
• Write clear and understandable incident reports.
• Assist in the selection and implementation process with familiarity in different types of testing tools and their use
• Software testing terms and definitions
• You can't test for everything
• How you can still test effectively
• Risk Prioritization and testing
• Mapping Tests to Requirements
• Requirements coverage based on Risk
• System requirements - whether they exist or not
• Principles of testing
• Testing methodologies
• Testing throughout the lifecycle
• Testing Objectives
• Types of Testing
• Test specification
• Test preparation
• Test execution
• Re-testing and regression testing
• Test completion
• Test reporting
• Release management
• Defect management
• Test management
• Using Test Director
This course is intended for testers, software developers, test managers, quality managers and project managers. It is suited for anyone with an interest in testing.